Information for contributors
GENERAL GUIDELINES FOR MANUSCRIPT
This document provides a brief summary of the information necessary for submitting a manuscript. Authors are requested to refer to the complete version on "Information for Authors" at http://jaitc.ki-it.or.kr/.
1. Content and publication type
It accepts original research manuscripts in the academic and industrial fields of information technology (IT) and the convergence of IT at various areas such as agriculture, construction, ship-building, supply chain management, energy and so on covering both theoretical foundations of IT and commercial, industrial, or educational aspects that provide new insights into design and implementation of IT-based systems.
2. Qualification as authors
Among all authors of each submitted manuscript, at least one should be a member of the Korean Institute of Information Technology. If he/she is not a member, he/she should apply to membership before submission. Please contact the KIIT headquarters office to become a member.
3. Research and publication ethics
(1) Duplicate Publication
The papers already published to other scientific journals or periodicals are not considered for publication. The published paper to this journal should not be submitted to other scientific journal.
• Authorship: Authors who meets all of following conditions can be listed: 1) substantial contributions to conception and design, or acquisition of data, or analysis and interpretation of data; 2) drafting the article or revising it critically for important intellectual content; and 3) final approval of the version to be published.
• Conflict-of-Interest Statement: If there are any conflicts of interest related to individual author’s commitments or project support, it should be clarified and described in the manuscript.
For the policies on the research and publication ethics not stated in these instructions, International standards for editors and authors (http://publicationethics.org/international-standards-editors-and-authors) can be applied. If there are any ethical issues from the manuscripts, it should be reviewed by Editorial Board and the recommendations should be processed by the Research Ethics Committee.
(2) Animal and Human Ethical Compliance
Research papers reporting animal or clinical studies should, where appropriate, contain a statement that they have been carried out with animal or human ethics committee approval. All scientific studies should be carried out in accordance with the relevant national and local guidelines. Each author(s) warrants that his or her research institution has fully approved the protocol for all scientific studies involving animals or humans and that all experiments of any kinds were conducted in compliance with ethical and humane principles of research after ethics committee approval.
4. Submission of manuscript
An electronic version (MS Word DOC or PDF), or three hard-copies of the manuscript should be written in English, intended for publication and prepared as described in "Manuscript Requirements", along with a cover letter containing the corresponding author's details. Authors are kindly requested to use our MS Word template for preparing their manuscripts. All JAITC style files for manuscript submission are available on our website at http://www.ki-it.or.kr/jaitc. Manuscripts should be submitted via the online manuscript submission website(http://www.ki-it.or.kr/jaitc), with copyright transfer agreement, author’s checklist, and brief C.V. of the corresponding author. Copyright transfer agreement should be signed by all co-authors or one author having the power and authority to be able to give permission to the KIIT to publish their manuscript to the JAITC. Authors should keep the Editors informed of change of address.
5. Peer review and publication processes
(1) Criteria for acceptance
Criteria for acceptance will be appropriateness to the field of the Journal, as described in the Aims and Scope, taking into account the merit of the content and presentation. The number of pages of submitted manuscripts is limited to 20 (using the appropriate Word). Manuscripts should be clearly written. Abstracts should be self-contained and informative of what was learned from the research. Rigorous argument and presentation are expected throughout.
There is no strict limit on the number of articles that may be submitted by the same author(s). However, it is our journal's policy to provide an opportunity for all interested and quality authors to publish their research results in our journal. Therefore, the Editorial Board retains the right, depending on the circumstances, to reject all submissions featuring the same author(s) that appear too frequently during the course of the year.
Manuscripts will be refereed in the manner customary with scientific journals before being accepted for publication. Upon receiving a manuscript, three members of the Editorial Board will examine it and if the manuscript is out of scope of the journal or does not meet the basic criteria for a journal article, it will be immediately rejected without further review (please note that this process may take up to one month to complete due to the large number of received submissions). Otherwise, the Editor-in-Chief will solicit reviews from at least three external referees. In this case, the author’s name and affiliation is not disclosed during review process to the reviewers. Based on the reviews, the Editor will make the decision on manuscript acceptance, or solicit additional reviews if the decision in unclear. Possible decisions are Acceptance, Conditional Acceptance, Rejection. Regarding conditional acceptance decisions, the Editor will distribute the revised manuscript to the reviewers for approval. The review process can be repeated till two times if the request of revision is suggested by reviewers. If the re-review is repeated more than one time, it may not be considered for publication. If all reviewers do not agree to accept the journal, it may not be also considered for publication. Usually the first review process ends within two months. In case of high discrepancy between opinions of reviewers, three core Editorial Board members will be assigned the task of consolidating the reviews.
(2) After acceptance
Authors of the accepted papers are responsible to submit a camera-ready paper in electronic form, both in source (MS Word) and PDF formats, according to the "Instructions for Camera-Ready Papers", which may be downloaded here (MS Word version). The corresponding author of each manuscript will receive by email the proofs of his/her manuscript to check. He/she must return the corrected proofs within a week in order to avoid any delays in publishing the regular/special issue. If we have not received a response by then, we will contact the corresponding editors to help chase the author for a reply. After having their corrections incorporated by the typesetter, the proofs will again be sent to authors to check and to ensure that all their corrections are included. It is the responsibility of authors to check and correct the proofs of their manuscripts. Manuscripts cannot be published until they are checked and approved by authors. Also, manuscripts cannot be amended once they are published, except in very exceptional circumstances, so authors should take great care in approving the final version for publication. The finally accepted manuscript will be reviewed by manuscript editor for the consistency of the format and the completeness of references. The manuscript may be revised according to the opinion of the manuscript editor. After publishing, the authors will receive a free electronic copy of the Journal.
(3) Copyright and use agreement
Authors are requested to sign the "Copyright Transfer" agreement before the manuscript may be published. The copyright transfer covers the exclusive rights to reproduce and distribute the manuscript, including reprints, photographic reproductions, microform, electronic form, or any other reproductions of similar nature and translations. Authors are responsible for obtaining from the copyright holder permission to reproduce the manuscript or any part of it, for which copyright exists. It also enable us to defend and enforce authors’ rights against plagiarism, copyright infringement, unauthorized use and, most important for authors’ professional reputation, breach of authors’ moral rights.
6. Offprints Charge
The corresponding author, at no cost, will be provided with a PDF file of the article via e-mail. For an extra charge, paper offprints can be ordered via the offprint order form which is sent once the article is accepted for publication. Both corresponding and co-authors may order offprints at any time via JAITC's website (http://www.ki-it.or.kr/jaitc/offprints).
※ The bank account for payment
Bank account No.: 418-01-335311
Name of Bank: Nonghyup bank (https://open.nonghyup.com)
Account owner: The Korean Institute of Information Technology
7. Role of the Editorial Board
The decision on the editing of the journal is made by the Editorial Board. The manuscript may be revised for the consistency of the editorial work as far as the content is not affected. Every manuscript submitted is not returned.
SPECIFIC GUIDELINE FOR WRITING MANUSCRIPTS
1. Cover page
Every manuscript should begin with the title of the manuscript, followed by the names of the authors and its abstract in English. Every author's affiliation should be included in footnotes on the first page. In the case of co-authors, the corresponding author should be clearly indicated with his/her name, affiliation, postal addresses, phone numbers and e-mail addresses. Additionally, the abbreviated title should be added. If necessary, presentation in the meeting may be described.
2. Abstract and Key words
An abstract must be included and placed after the author information on the first page. Abstract should be concisely structured by explaining the essential contents of the work, key ideas and results. The length of the abstract should be less than 250 words. In the next line of abstract, a list of 4-5 key words for a subject index should be included on this page.
3. Main Text
(1) The manuscript is properly prepared with the main sections labeled (e.g., Abstract, Introduction, Materials and Methods, Results and Discussion, Conclusions, Acknowledgments, and References).
(2) References to published work should be indicated at the appropriate place using brackets (e.g.,-), numbered consecutively, and a list of references in numerical order should be provided at the end of the manuscript.
(3) Sources of materials and instruments should be clearly presented together with the names of the appropriate cities and countries.
(4) Units : Internationally accepted units of measurement must be used. The units of measurement are used in conjunction with their numerical values; the units should be abbreviated as suggested below. If more commonly used units are adopted, conversion factors should be given at their first occurrence. Greek symbols may be used.(e.g., %, ºC, nm, µm (not m), mm, cm, cm3, m, h (or hr), min, s (or sec), µg, mg, g (or gm), kg, cal, kcal, in. (or write out inch), ml [write out liter(s)].).
(5) Equations and symbols : All equations and formulas should be typed in separate lines, and numbered by Arabic numerals in parentheses on the right, sequentially increasing. References to equations or formulas should be quoted in parentheses.
(6) Tables : All tables should be designated by Arabic numerals, sequentially increasing. A self explanatory title, indicating a content of a table should be included. The table title should have the first letter of the first word capitalized. Details of all necessary additional information can be included in the table footnotes. Preferred font is Medieval Gothic with 9 pt. Table should not contain vertical linings and the captions should be understandable without referring the text.
(7) Figures : All figures should be designated by Arabic numerals, sequentially increasing. A self explanatory title, indicating a content of a figure should be included. The uniformity in size of the figures should be maintained carefully. KIIT encourages both gray and color illustration as JPG/TIFF files. Use 600 dpi/1200 dpi for illustrations for better clarity. When a figure consists of more than one plot, designate each plot as (a), (b), (c), etc., directly under the plot and refer to it in the text as Fig. 4(a), Fig. 4(b), etc.. All figures and lettering must be of a size which remains legible after a 50% reduction of the original. In the figure caption, only the first letter of the first word in each sentence should be capitalized. Photographs will be accepted if essential to the paper, though an additional charge will be levied.
References should be in the proper format, numbered in the sequence in which they occur in the text. Cite references numerically in the text and list at the end of the manuscript. Manuscripts whose references are not strictly written in the JAITC format below before final revision may be rejected even after their acceptance notification from the editor. References should be listed in the following style :
(1) Journal Article
D. W. Ryoo and C. S. Bae, "Design of The Wearable Gadgets for Life-Log Services based on UTC", IEEE Transactions on Consumer Electronics, Vol. 53, No. 4, pp. 1477-1482, Nov. 2007.
H. K. Hartline, A. B. Smith, and F. Ratlliff, "Inhibitory interaction in the retina", in Handbook of Sensory Physiology, Springer-Verlag, pp. 381-390, 1972.
(3) Conference Proceedings
Y. Yamamoto, S. Machida, and K. Igeta, "Micro-cavity semiconductors with enhanced spontaneous emission", Proc. 16th European Conf. on Opt. Commun., Amsterdam, The Netherlands, pp. 3-13, Sept. 1990.
C. E. Larsen, R. Trip, and C.R. Johnson, Methods for procedures related to the electrophysiology of the heart. U.S. Patent 5,529,067, Jun 25, 1995.
(6) Web URL
JAITC Korean Institute of Information Technology, Submission of manuscript. available at http://jaitc.ki-it.or.kr.
CONTACT INFORMATION ON INQUIRY
All correspondence related to the manuscript submission should be addressed to the headquarters office of the Institute below.
KIIT Headquarters Office
Hyundai Itel Bldg., 1713, 133 Dunsan-ro, Seo-gu, Daejeon 302-120, Republic of Korea
Tel: +82-42-488-2015, +82-70-4404-2899
게시물 수정을 위해 비밀번호를 입력해주세요.
게시물 삭제를 위해 비밀번호를 입력해주세요.